Friday, April 20, 2018

April 9 letters

To Dad:


Yeah we have Google in South Africa, but I don't think anyone uses it.  It's super interesting that the conference could be so poorly prepared for because it was coordinated between 2 whole wards and both bishops have wifi at their house.  Crazy but in the end we were able to watch all the sessions.

I agree with you about everything you said about the changes to home teaching and everything.  I'm really excited about it.  I think it will really really help especially here in Africa.  I don't think there has been even 1 home teaching visit that has happened in this ward for probably a year.  This new system will be much better and motivate the members here to really actually care about some of their fellow members.  Home teaching just seemed a little daunting for the members and now it's completely transformed and it will be easy for the members to actually take care of those they are assigned to.  It needs a really faithful Elders Quorum President though. 

I finished the bible this week.  It was really long.  I'm now a lot more skeptical of anyone that says they have read the whole thing.  It was really hard.  But I learned a lot from it and I really feel like my knowledge has grown a lot since I started reading it.  Definitely it was a worth while experience for me and it feels so good to finally be done with it. 

To Mom:

I've got a lot I need to do today so I don't have a ton of time to write a nice long email.  But I'll try my best.  Next week it will be much better.


I'm not surprised about how pumped Dad and Daniel were after Priesthood session.  It was quite positively the most powerful session of general conference I've ever seen.  Too bad you didn't get to watch it. 

I have a lot to say but I'll probably just say it next week.  I'm flying to Cape Town on Thursday so that's going to be really sweet.  I'm actually preparing some things for my recent convert there today which is what is taking all my time.  It's going to be fun though to go back to Cape Town for a few days.  On Saturday I'm flying back from Cape Town and we're going to be driving all the way out to Mthatha on the same day which is going to be like a 3 hour drive.  Then Sunday morning we have to wake up at 5 or 6 to drive back for church.  It's going to be a hectic week.  

Last week was really sweet.  It was zone conference and it was one of my favorite zone conferences so far.  Some of us were talking about how the president seems to be getting more and more powerful each time so that's really cool.  But really it was a great spiritual experience. 
Definitely having a great time out here though. 

From Mom:

I came across this little gem of a video from Youth Conference the summer before he left.  





No comments:

Post a Comment