Friday, April 20, 2018

April 2 letters

To Dad:

First of all let me just say how much I loved conference.  In fact I just can't stop thinking about it.  We didn't watch Sunday afternoon session yet but the other 4 sessions were on another level.  By far the most powerful conference I have ever seen and that priesthood session was by far the most powerful session I have ever seen.  I'll share more details in my email to mom but I agree with you on every point.  I can't believe they're putting a temple in Layton I just found out like 5 minutes ago that's pretty cool.  I'm laughing at your comment about that hahaha.  Yeah I'm way excited about that. 
I'm so glad you loved conference.  Yeah I'm gonna say a lot about that in my letter to mom.  

To Mom:

This week has been definitely the most spiritually uplifting week of my whole mission.  Basically just because of conference.  
I was really frustrated about conference because they didn't even announce the times or know them until Friday afternoon which is just ridiculous.  Actually on Thursday they sent out an announcement that we would watch the Saturday morning session at 10 o clock on Saturday.  2 wards.  that means 2 complete bishoprics discussed it and thought that that was a viable option.  I don't know how they thought we were going to watch the session here 8 hours before it actually happened in Salt Lake City, but I guess the bishoprics just have a lot more faith in the priesthood than me or something hahaha.  But eventually we were able to sort it out and point out the actual times when we were supposed to watch it and everything went for the most part according to plan. 

Friday was kind of funny.  We basically had not much to do because everyone was celebrating good Friday.  Like it was ridiculous.  Nobody went to church on Sunday but Friday it was packed.  There were just so many activities at all the churches and the taverns were packed because of that which I think is maybe ironic I don't know? 

Saturday was cool.  I was so excited for conference.  I actually memorized all the general authorities and general officers of the church over the last couple months which probably sounds weird but it honestly made conference more fun and interesting, because I recognized all the speakers.  
We were basically trying to just pass the time to get to 6 so we could watch the session.  And it didn't disappoint.  It was so amazing.  The solemn assembly was just so powerful.  When the first presidency stood to sustain themselves I felt something really deep.  It was kind of funny though.  President Eyring said "Members of the first presidency please sustain"  And that was when I found out that we actually have about 7 members of the first presidency in our ward here in Queenstown.  Hahaha but anyway.  The whole solemn assembly was a sacred experience for me that I won't forget.  When the whole church stood to sustain the prophet the spirit overwhelmed me.  I felt it in such a different way.  It overcame my whole body and I knew that President Nelson has been called of God. 
We watched the Saturday Afternoon Session on Sunday morning at 10.  It was a pretty nice session.  I was happy to hear my man Carl B Cook called to the presidency.  Also my friend Elijah's dad was called to be a general authority so that's pretty cool. 

I liked Elder Bednar's talk a lot. 

The priesthood session was by far the most powerful session of conference I have ever attended.  It was really on another level.  I usually don't look forward to priesthood session but this one... yeah.  When President Nelson stood up to speak I got so excited.  I started taking notes for a second and then I just put my notes down and watched him transfixed.  He spoke for so short but the spirit was just coming over me in waves.  The announcement was big and I can testify it was a revelation from God.  The rest of the priesthood session was just a spiritual high.  All of the talks were great.  It was really stacked.  2 apostles and then the first presidency after that.  When it got to President Nelson to speak again I was so excited.  His talk did not disappoint.  It was so incredible.  There's a few things I just can't get out of my mind.  He told the story of how he reactivated a less active guy.  One line he said has been playing over and over in my mind.  He said "Do you know who was called to be the first stake president? ... yes"  he just said yes and I just couldn't stop laughing.  The spirit was making me giddy or something like that.  It was so cool.  Then at the end he commanded us all to stand one group at a time.  My heart was just pounding.  I wanted to go out and just do battle with Satan right there.  I can't get his voice out of my head.  "Deacons.  Teachers.  Priests."  So powerful.
We watched the Sunday morning session live which was at 6 o clock for us.  It was another great talk but the highlight was of course, by far, President Nelson's talk.  I think that either that talk or his talk in last conference is my favorite conference talk of all time.  It was clearly a talk and a topic that was given to him directly by the Lord.  It wasn't just a talk.  It was the warning voice of a prophet.  He also specifically warned against the media and social media.  He is definitely a watchman on the tower.  He said that "The Savior will show forth some of his mightiest works between now and when he comes again."  He wasn't just talking.  He was prophesying.  He said that if we don't have the guidance of the spirit and revelation we will fall.  I can testify to anyone on this planet that Russell M Nelson is a prophet of God just as surely as anyone ever was.  The witness of the Spirit was overwhelming and I like Dad's words in his email to me it was also draining. 

I didn't get to watch Sunday afternoon session but I heard about it today.  A temple in Layton!!  that's so crazy.  And the announcement about Home teaching and visiting teaching.  That's obviously a major change.  I didn't even hear Elder Holland say this yet but I just love these words so much:   To paraphrase Ralph Waldo Emerson, the most memorable moments of life are those in which we feel the rush of revelation. President Nelson, I don’t know how many more rushes we can handle this weekend
Anyway.  Can you tell that I was excited about conference?  There's probably more that I have to say but I forgot and I'll email next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment