Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March 27 letter to Mom

This week has been really interesting.  There's some really crazy people in Cape Town.

First of all I have seen about a thousand trannies lately and it's honestly starting to discourage me because it is one of the worst forms of wickedness and abomination in this world.  I feel a lot like some of the prophets in the Book of Mormon, whose hearts hurt because of the wickedness of the people. 

There's some other crazy people that we teach.  There's one old guy who smokes pounds of weed every day and we are teaching him and his wife and it's kind of weird to work with a grown man who struggles with drug addiction.  

We've been teaching a drug lord named S so that's kind of crazy, but he's a good guy.  We have a homeless man who comes to church every Sunday named Brother S.  We gave him a bunch of clothes and he immediately sold them.  The funniest thing about him is that he stole some of the baptismal clothing from the church and that's what he wears hahahaha

Our investigator S is one of my favorite investigators that I have taught so far on mission.  She has been an absolute joy to teach.  Every time we teach her the spirit fills the room.  She reads like 10 chapters of the Book of Mormon every day and she's been fasting and praying .  She's really awesome.

Last week we got invited to go to Youth Conference.  The APs chose 4 companionships from Cape Town to go who they apparently thought were the "Most powerful missionaries"  and they chose us hahaha.  It reminded me a lot of my last Youth Conference I went to before I came here, which is a very nice memory for me.  It was a lot of fun and it was so nice to be able to go and do something different on a Saturday than just proselyte.  


My companion is teaching me how to cook lots of really sweet African dishes so that's exciting.  I can't cook anything American or normal but I can now cook some African dishes haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment